Monday, July 2, 2007

Meeting Family




Hailey is having a great time getting to meet all of her family members and meeting her new little cousins. Even though her cousins make her look even smaller than what she is, she still loves hanging out with them. We have been blessed that our grandparents, Hailey's great grandparents are in such good health and have been able to hold her and take many fourth generation pictures. (The picture posted is one of our fourth generation pictures that is on my dad's side of the family, The Wood family.)

We have been really working with Hailey to sleep through the night and we are pretty close. She is only eating twice now during the night and will usually sleep for a good 4-5 hours at a time. We have been stretching out her feeding time during the day and so that has helped a lot not only with her sleeping pattern, but also with her stomachaches. It has truly been an answer to prayer that we finally think we figured out what was causing her so much pain and discomfort. After I had been on antibotics for an extended period of time, we have finally stopped them and I am recovered now. However, we were still having some problems with her having stomache aches and things, and we found out she is lactos intolerance. We had two options of putting her on expensive formula or just take dairy out of my diet. We wanted to continue breast feeding her, so we decieded to take dairy out of my diet. I have to say that has been a huge adjustment and one that has been frustrating for me because of how much I love dairy. But we felt this was just so much better for her and she has really started to feel better all around. She is now back to her old self of being very content and just laughing all day. So we thank God for this answer to prayer and just pray it continues to improve.

While I sit and think about the sacrifices that mothers and fathers chose to do or are asked to do because of a health concern, it makes me think and appreciate even more all that Christ went through for us. Even though taking dairy out of your diet is a small sacrifice compared to what all Christ suffered, it is still a sacrifice and an expression of love that we are displaying to our child. I have to say that ever since I have become a mother, I am realizing all the sacrifices and ways that we are called to put ourselves second for your child and family. There is so much love that I have for Hailey and one that amazes me because of all the love that continues to grow with each day. Truly a wonderful expression of how the Lord loves all His children and are delighted when mothers and fathers chose to raise their child in the way of the Lord and allows Christ to be the head of their household.

Well, I have written all that time will allow as my child is ready to eat. We will continue to write more later. God bless you all!

Love,
John, Sue and Hailey

1 comment:

yanglerni said...

What a beautiful family..

Happy birthday to Hailey.